[Sugar-devel] Clocks on XOs

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jul 3 18:52:06 EDT 2010

El Sat, 03-07-2010 a las 09:54 -0400, Bernie Innocenti escribió:

> Likely so, but the software should be able to compensate for it. After
> discussing it on IRC, it seems that olpc-update-query should
> automatically update the clock from the OATS server.

I checked: olpc-update-query only sets the clock if it's off by more
than 24hours, so it cannot serve as a replacement for ntpdate.

Besides, I can't find where NetworkManager would be running ntpdate...
The most logical place would be /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d, but
there's nothing.

The ntp packate drops a script in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.d, but it seems to
kick into action only if the dhcp server provides an ntp server option.

My conclusion: currently there's no straight-forward way to set the
clock on the XO (even when we don't care about the time hijacking
scenario).