Getting Rainbow to read new

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Thu Jan 14 12:51:34 EST 2010

Working with the Rainbow we shipped in 8.2.1, and looking at

Briefly, Wikipedia-xo packages have been seeing warnings from the
xulrunner engine (and some minor bugs) because they should use
"persistent-uid" in and they don't. Now, if I
prepare a new WikipediaES-11.xo release that does contain the right file, I see two different behaviours...

 - on systems where WikipediaES was never used before, it does the right thing

 - on systems where earlier WikipediaES versions were started, Rainbow
seems to remember the old "any uid" mode, and ignores the request for
a persistent uid.

I am looking around the Rainbouw source files but I haven't seen
anything obvious yet -- unless I am making a mistake in my process, it
sounds like a bug.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect