B R E A K T H R O U G H -- F11-on-XO1 has working video player

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Jan 27 18:57:00 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 04:29 -0300, Raul Gutierrez Segales wrote:
> Here at .PY we have been able to setup the os image build machinery
> (thanks Bernie!) so we plan to roll out a signed image soon.. Stay
> tuned!

Today I've been testing activities and collaboration. Everything feels
snappy and works decently.

> Any other major blocker that deserves attention?

The only oddity I've seen is that libertas still has some reliability
problems when automatic power management is switched on.

Libertas' PM always has been a real PITA. I heard plenty of good kernel
hackers swear between their teeth because of it. Marcelo would often
swear aloud too :-)

Today I promised to work on a cleaner patch for the main outstanding PM
issue (http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9967), but there is certainly
something else going on. For instance, we seem to loose association for
no good reason. After a few suspend/wakeup cycles, I even managed to
make the Libertas disappear from the USB bus!

In fact, this might not even be a 2.6.31 regression. To my (somewhat
fuzzy) memory, automatic power management always has been disabled in
OLPC's official builds due to similar reliability issues.

At some point we may choose to give up trying to make libertas behave
and keep the power management feature disabled for good.