Impact of changing default Screen depth on other XO Apps

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 08:11:22 EST 2010

We are allocating a 32 bit buffer and then using the X server calls to blit
it to the 16 bit screen. Even this is slowing down the application as the
draw in the application is very intensive. We commented out parts of our
draw code to find out the part which was slowing it down and found that the
blit to the 16 bit screen ( using X server calls) was responsible for a
large chunk of the slowdown. When we changed the screen depth the
performance of the activity increased dramatically.

I was worried if some other activity on the XO making the opposite
assumption and optimizing their draw code for a 16 bit screen and then
suffering because we changed the default depth.

Thanks
Shivaprasad