Impact of changing default Screen depth on other XO Apps

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 01:14:09 EST 2010

Hi All,
        We are developing an Activity for the XO. During development we ran
into an issue with the default screen depth on the XO. Our application
assumes that the screen depth is 32 and does all the draw math. But as the
screen depth on the XO is 16 we had to do constant 32 bit- 16 bit
conversions which really hit performance. So we put in script to run after
installing our activity which changes the default screen depth on the XO
from 16 to 32 bit.

        I wanted to know how much of an issue this would be for other
activities running on the XO. Would they be adversely affected by this
change?

Thanks
Shivaprasad