Lots of broken chargers in Nicaragua

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jan 25 21:27:04 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 03:31:24PM -0600, Daniel Drake wrote:
> chargers are breaking due to damage to the cable and (sic) the point
> where the cable enters the big green plug that goes into the power
> socket.

I agree with Richard, something has to fail, and the cable should be the
thing to fail rather than the laptop ... and the point where the cable
exits the strain relief of either end is what should fail.

But my original reading of what you said suggests the failures are at
the AC end of the cable ... the power supply housing is a "big green
plug" and it goes into the wall power socket.

Which is it?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/