Touchpad accel, spirals and xset

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Wed Jan 20 12:55:17 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 6:29 PM, James Zaki <james.zaki at> wrote:
> I've just setup my xo-1 with os11 and updated to near-latest (within a week
> off the top of my head) kernel + kernel-firmware.
> I'd like to do some touchpad testing if its of any help, but will need do a
> bit of a mental download to understand the pieces at play here.

Cool -- welcome to the fray! See the thread about testing 802B1, and
the suggested "spirals" test.

You will want to declare which touchpad hardware you have (see thread
above), and do some comparative testing between the 802B1 build and

Additionally, you may want to test, on os11, whether tuning the tp
acceleration makes it better or worse.

To tweak acceleration, open Terminal.xo and try the following settings

  xset m 7/4 0 # this is what we ship now on 802 images
  xset m 165/100 0 # this should be a tad slower
  xset m 7/4 N # (where N is a number between 1 and 7)

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect