[Sugar-devel] gcompris connect4 locking up / oom'ing

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Jan 14 13:19:34 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 04:40:50PM +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> > 8.2 on XO-1
>
> Excellent -- thanks!

> >> Brick XOs? Do you literally mean brick it, or just crash / OOM?
> >
> > some dynamic games can eat lots of CPU
>
> Right -- it'll make the XO unresponsive.  When you're in the
> software/firmware/hardware world, "brick" means that a bit of hardware
> has been ruined in (mostly) unrecoverable way. A bogus firmware update
> would brick your XO for example. Hence my confusion.
>
> > yup, it will be targeted to 0.82+ (and for systems that don't have
> > recent pycairo
>
> Version?

heh, at the beginning v9 had pycairo >= 1.8
but looks like it was only because of new pycairo's API, for now, v9
works w/ previous API as well. So there are only:

* libxml2-2.7.3
* librsvg-2.26.0
* sugar-toolkit(which is not python package but Vala project[1])
* libgee(as a sugar-toolkit's dep)

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/toolkit

--
Aleksey