[Sugar-devel] gcompris connect4 locking up / oom'ing

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 10:12:11 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> Got similar issue, after upgrading libxml it was ok.

Was testing same -- and an update to libxml2-2.7.3-1.fc9 and
libxml2-python-2.7.3-1.fc9 (latest in F9 updates) fixes the startup.
That's good.

I still get "Couldn't find the board menu, or plugin execution error"
and it dies soon after I start using it.

> I'm working on packaging v9 for ASLO and bundles will carry bunch of
> blobs(v9 uses recent pycairo) and I'll include new libxml as well.

Well, if it works with the libxml2 versions mentioned abouve, you can
count on them being on 8.2.2 (but not earlier).

> The reason to bundle v9(and some its deps) for XO-1, these bundles will
> be useful on XO-1(in contrast w/ v8):

When you say XO-1 are you thinking of the 8.2.x OSs, or just the
new-gen F11 builds?

> * timing tuning for some dynamic activities
>  (overwise they can brick XO-1)

Brick XOs? Do you literally mean brick it, or just crash / OOM?

> I'm plaing to upload them to ASLO this week.

Great - will be trying them out on my 8.2.2 builds if you tell me it's
one of the target OSs...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions