[Sugar-devel] New release of F11 for the XO-1 - Build11

rihoward1 at gmail.com rihoward1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 20:14:13 EST 2010

Some quick observations on  F11 for the XO-1 - Build11.

I have applied the "Virtual 1200 900" fix from http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9590 and the screen rotate button now works in both Sugar an Gnome.

Sugar Desktop mode:
I found with this build if I turn off  the Radio from the control panel I can not get it to turn back on.  Also the wording is confusing. It is unclear whether have the check box checked or unchecked turns off the radio.
Record activity did not open correctly until I applied the virtual 1200 900 fix. It would exit immediately.
With the  "Virtual 1200 900" fix applied Record will now open and I can take a photo and record a video. The video is very pixelated in Low mode though, and in High mode and Best mode Record video seems to only produce a still with some sound. Record's audio mode does not seem to record sound.

Gnome Desktop mode:
In previous builds Midori was used as the web browser in gnome now Firefox is being pulled in.  Is this an intentional change or a side effect of changing the build system?  Midori is general considered to use less resources than Firefox

I can turn the radio back on through Net Work Manager in Gnome.

rihoward1 at gmail.com

linux - the best things in life are free