Local activation server

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:14:23 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's easy to fix in other ways. Gimme a chance to write up what I
> need to write up ;-)

Ok - have a read of
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Antitheft:Public_Server#Usage_and_maintenance

With the following caveats:

 - it is complicated -- I plan to simplify the process but for now,
it's what I have.

 - for new deployments I am trying to get my head around Inventario
(developed by ParaguayEduca) to see if we can automate / integrate
between Inventario, the "MSS" [1] and the Antitheft Public Server.

[1] - "Master Signing Server" as per http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Antitheft_HowTo

The answer to your "technicians that need to make leases" is the
"rescue lease" mentioned towards the end.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions