Local activation server

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Feb 25 19:29:09 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 19:10 -0500, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> > We do have a local activation key, but we'd rather not hand it out to
> > every field technician who needs to generate a lease.sig.
>
> Why would "every technician" need to generate a lease.sig?

Because otherwise they email us to do it and then they have to wait a
few hours until they can de-brick a laptop for which they have lost the
lease.

It happened already a few times, and it might happen much more often as
they upgrade large quantities of XO-1s to the F11 builds we've been
working on.