[ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for XO-1 and XO-1.5

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 04:05:42 EST 2010

--- On Tue, 2/23/10, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:

> From: Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org>
> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for XO-1 and XO-1.5
> To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "OLPC Devel" <devel at lists.laptop.org>
> Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 2:22 PM
> yioryos wrote:
>  > I have also uploaded kernel rpms and srpms as well as
> the 3 different fs
>  > modules (squashfs, aufs and hfsplus - for my iPod ;)
> by themselves.
>  > BTW Would make my life easier if squashfs support was
> enabled in the official
>  > olpc kernel. Any major reason the is not?
>
> added (as a module).  should be in the next RPMs build
> for both
> XO-1 and XO-1.5.

Very nice :-)

BTW, I have updated scripts and sources in
http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/TinyCore_for_XO1/TC-XO_sources/
so now also supports the brightness/sound keys while the frame key toggles monitor to color/B&W
Unfortunately my Mac keyboards do not work with the XO.
If anyone can test how all these gamekey/keyboard mods affect the behavior of a normal USB keyboard would be good
thx