[ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for XO-1 and XO-1.5

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Sat Feb 20 12:25:43 EST 2010

yioryos -- thank you for keeping us all aware of your progress.

yioryos wrote:
 > With help from JC (quozl) and on his "request" I have uploaded
 > 3 scripts that will build Tiny Core on an XO-1 that is running
 > a squashfs-enabled olpc kernel.
 > I have also uploaded kernel rpms and srpms as well as the 3
 > different fs modules (squashfs, aufs and hfsplus - for my iPod ;)
 > by themselves.  BTW Would make my life easier if squashfs
 > support was enabled in the official olpc kernel.  Any major
 > reason the is not?

mainly because the olpc distributed systems haven't needed it -- there
are lots of other filesystems we don't include either.  can you tell us
how much more space it takes?  can it be made modular?

 > Finally I have uploaded the modified Xorg.tcz that will run on
 > the XO-1 (though the current script does not install it.
 > Installs Xfbdev instead)
 > Everything is located here
 > http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/TinyCore_for_XO1/TC-XO_sources/
 > Hopefully, you'll find some better use for them, like power
 > mangement support ;)

i do have your tinycore work in mind.  i'll try and make time to
look at what's going on with your power management sometime soon.

 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org