[ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for XO-1 and XO-1.5

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 13 18:31:36 EST 2010

OK, let's try that again and be a bit more specific...
Starting the long journey from the Xorg... ;)

I manage to get Xorg running on tinycore-XO with the attached xorg.conf and the native Xorg-7.4.tcz
Then I removed extra modules to decrease its size to ~7MB from 21 (could probably go lower)
Replaced usr/local/share/X11/xkb with the one from os10
Added /etc/sysconfig/keyboard from os10 to usr/local and a simlink in the usr/local/tce.istalled/Xorg-7.4 script
Added /etc/hal/fdi/30-keymap-olpc.fdi from os10 to usr/local and a simlink in the usr/local/tce.istalled/Xorg-7.4 script
Still works, keycodes look OK (attached) but the gamekeys refuse to function.
"xmodmap -" shows no input when pressed, while "dmesg" says:
"atkbt.c: unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x68 on isa0060/serio0).

This was true through the individual steps above.

Any idea? What else is needed for the gamekeys to be detected. My understanding is that they go through the EC and this is taken care by the hal, 30-kemap-olpc.fdi. Is there more to it? Should I remap them?
Thx

And pls let me know if I'm "polluting" the list