Video Chat, Video Editing and VOIP activities for Sugar

Manusheel Gupta manu at
Fri Feb 12 06:23:51 EST 2010

Dear friends,

6 developers working at SEETA <> will be spearheading the
design and development of video chat, video editing and VOIP activities in
Sugar starting Feb. 15. We have been trying to arrive at a decision on the
approach to be followed -  designing the application and writing the code
from ground zero vs. porting an existing open source application to Sugar.

We have been examining a number of open source applications, and believe
that it will be easier to port the following applications to Sugar than
reinventing the wheel  -

1. Video Chat - Pidgin  (
2. Video Editor - PiTiVi  (
3. VOIP activity - Shtoom (

Wish to have your feedback on issues, implementation strategies and external
dependencies that we might have overlooked.