[SoaS] Using SoaS Blueberry to emulate OLPC F11 builds

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Feb 9 20:13:41 EST 2010

On 9 February 2010 15:58, Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org> wrote:

> FWIW, I tried almost the same exact process on a machine that I had
> installed Blueberry on by using the zyx-installer. Blueberry was
> installed. I ran yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment" and then
> yum install olpc-switch-desktop. Rebooted and was auto-logged into the
> Gnome Desktop as SOAS User. Switching desktops did not work, even
> after I created an olpc user. Let me know if there is anything you'd
> like me to try.

olpc-switch-desktop relies on olpc-utils, specifically olpc-session
needs to be used (installation is not enough).

I think you'll run into various difficulties with this task and
personally would advise against it... In Paraguay and Nicaragua SoaS
is used unmodified as an introduction to Sugar. There are differences
from the XO but still you can use it as an introduction. There are
various live distributions for introducing GNOME too.

Daniel