openssl

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 14:24:58 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wasn't really complaining.  Just wanted upstream people to know in case they
> were interested.

Understood - thanks!

> In our deployments we always try to do it in two steps, a yum update
> download-only to an SD card, then yum localinstall from the card,  to save
> internet usage.

Are you aware you can use olpc-update from USB, SD card or network?
It's the recommended way to run OS updates on the XO.

yum-based updates are not tested, and (unfortunaltely) have many
"gotchas". Not recommended, not supported (at the moment).

Once the btrfs snapshotting magic is with us (F14 and onwards), and we
can fully use btrfs (who knows when...), that may change; but there's
a ton of little niggly things that need resolving first.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions