puppy linux et al.

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 06:31:10 EST 2010

There is a new version for Puppy linux for the XO-1 and XO-1.5.
The 92MB build is based on olpc kernel 2.6.35
Due to an svn -r 886 Openchrome build, also works sufficiently on the  XO-1.5
See the build announcement[1] and change log[2] for more

BTW I was wondering if any of the available union fs (Union Mount, Aufs, UnionFS) could be an option to facilitate use in the field.
If the initial build was on a read-only file system and user data in the top rw layer, alt-boot could boot the ro layer and start afresh.
Then just try to recover your old datastore (or pars of it) and be where you were before the messup.
I do not really know how feasible this is in the current work flow.
Is just a thought after recovering from multiple XOpup messups :-)

[1] http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/XOpup/Announce_XOpup-2.v1.html
[2] http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/XOpup/Docs/changelog.html#2.v1