[Sugar-devel] DebXO 0.6 release

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-4 at silbe.org
Sat Dec 11 05:22:28 EST 2010

Excerpts from Andres Salomon's message of Sat Dec 11 01:11:01 +0100 2010:

> [...] Key bindings are pulled from DMI and loaded by udev (note:
>    upgrade your version of OFW if hitting the 'fn' key results in lots
>    of '='s.

Does this actually work for you right now? It stopped working for me
some time ago (don't know exactly when unfortunately). "udevadm test
/class/input/event3" shows exactly what I expected (including that it
would run "keymap input/event3 olpc-xo" which will make the keyboard
work correctly if run manually), so I'm at a loss.

>  - Nodm doesn't currently set ~/.Xauthority; see
>    http://bugs.debian.org/605633 .

Thanks for the pointer, that might explain why X forwarding (in ssh) is
sometimes broken for me.

>  - The volume/brightness keys are mapped to function keys. It's unclear
>    how best to handle this, as it is useful to have f11, for example.
>    Will figure something out later.

There was a thread about it several weeks or months ago on devel at l.l.o.
It came up in context of the non-membrane keyboard layouts IIRC.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/