Problem building 2.6.35 kernels

Anna aschoolf at
Tue Dec 7 22:01:17 EST 2010

Thanks, Daniel.  This had been irritating me on my F14 machine for a
few weeks now.  My "work around" was to boot into an earlier kernel
via the grub menu.  But that one line in /etc/dracut.conf fixes it
right up.

On 5 December 2010 20:02, Yioryos Asprobounitis <mavrothal at <>> wrote:
>* After installing it, on the next fedora kernel update, olpc dracut modules apparently kick in modifying initrd accordingly.
*>* On next reboot a get a nice "Hello, (deployment people) of the world!"
*>* And then a not so nice "Exception: Not an XO laptop" followed by
kernel panic.
*>* Take home message. Installing dracut-modules-olpc in a non-XO lap
top is not recommended.
Sorry, forgot about that.

in /etc/dracut.conf put:
omit_dracutmodules+="olpc-boot olpc-activation olpc-customization
olpc-common olpc-python olpc-busybox"