"Mesh" Dreams = OLSR

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Aug 24 13:47:26 EDT 2010

On 08/24/2010 01:43 PM, Reuben K. Caron wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2010, at 1:34 PM, Richard A. Smith wrote:
>
>> They are only able to achieve this with 30dB attenuators on the
>> signal. We would want to see what one can do with stock cards without
>> an attenuator.
>
> Can we adaptively get the signal down in driver/software?

We pay for the thin firmware to do whatever it is we need to do so
assuming the hardware has a facility for effectively reporting Rx
strength and adjusting the Tx then yes.  I'm not sure where that stands
atm for thin-firmware.  But you could ask cozybit.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child