"Mesh" Dreams = OLSR

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Aug 24 11:24:38 EDT 2010

On 08/24/2010 10:13 AM, Reuben K. Caron wrote:

 > Consider the benefits of using open source software versus our closed
 > source firmware and partnering with communities like Freifunk whose
 > network is ~ 800 node, guifi.net is almost 10k nodes in Barcelona,
 > Athens Wireless is 5k nodes.

The largest of our mesh problems did not have to do with scalability on
sheer number of nodes but rather scalability in density.  Is there any
information available on how these networks perform when there are 50 -
100 of them next all in the same room or in adjacent rooms?

In those scenarios we run into RF density issues even when using APs.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child