[Xorg-driver-geode] Update for geode driver

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Aug 16 02:42:47 EDT 2010

El Mon, 16-08-2010 a las 07:43 +0300, Mart Raudsepp escribió:
> I don't suggest using NoAccel though, as it loses XVideo and many other
> non-acceleration (read non-deceleration) related things too.

That was just to test whether a particular ExA performance problem would
disappear. We have an application called Turtle Art that renders a lot
of rounded shapes using Cairo:

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:TAclock4.png

When you drag around a dozen of those bricks on the XO-1 (Geode LX), you
get one frame every two seconds. On the XO-1.5 (VIA based), you get
fluid 10-20 fps motion. The difference is way too big to be justified by
the difference in performance of the CPU or the graphics processor.

Any idea?

> Have you tested rotation (and rotation + Xv) with current GIT code on
> the older xserver-1.6 found in FC-11 and XO-1 builds?

Yes, it worked perfectly now. 90 degrees modes were broken in 2.11.8.