[Sugar-devel] Lazy Network Neighborhood updates

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 7 16:24:50 EDT 2010

Hi Mikus,

On 7 Aug 2010, at 20:01, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:

>> We already readjust the network neighborhood layout on the fly when we
>> switch view. It's funny to see the access points slide around  :-)
>
> Haven't bothered to keep track of the appearance/disappearance of XO and
> AP icons in Neighborhood View - it's hard to figure out whether their
> presence on screen is determined by View updating or by radio reception.
>
> But something that needs attention is the handling of "invitation icons"
> in Neighborhood view.  I would like such an icon to mean "there exists
> RIGHT NOW someone else with whom I can collaborate".  Instead, these
> icons seem to persist long after all invitors/invitees are gone.

Nice observation. I'm afraid I seem to rarely use invitations when testing, though I do test Journal file transfers a reasonable amount — which falls into a similar situation. So is this as 'simple' as removing the notification when the activity id is no longer being shared? Or would you like the UI to still indicate that you had missed the event/s?

--Gary