Review & pull request: dracut-modules-olpc

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Apr 30 17:04:21 EDT 2010

On 29 April 2010 13:23, Martin Langhoff <martin at laptop.org> wrote:
> http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/martin/dracut-modules-olpc/log/?h=clockset-pyx
>
> Tested on an XO-1.5 on top of build 121. The branch includes

Looks good, thanks.

Maybe I asked this already, but I can't find the discussion. When the
server communicates the time to the XO and the XO sets the clock based
on that, shouldn't the XO verify that the delegation has not expired?
By that I mean it should refuse to set a time/date that is beyond the
expiration of the delegation.

I don't see the benefit of reimplementing timegm() in the initramfs
and the comment in the function that follows about _strptime not being
included seems to be wrong. Can we switch to using the standard
library?
If you're low on time, feel free to just mark these as a FIXME. It's
not important.

Finally, can you adjust the README to talk about the more simplistic
option of testing the initramfs without signing it? The process is
much simpler and you aren't always working on the security code.

Thanks
Daniel