Record activity for XO-1.5

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Apr 29 16:23:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 05:01:53PM -0300, Daniel Drake wrote:
> On 29 April 2010 16:39, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> > The problem here is that fc10 has gst-0.10.20
> > but even for 0.88 Sugar Platform has 0.10.14 minimum version
> > http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.88/Platform_Components
> > So, new Record couldn't be nominated to be public on ASLO.
>
> i.e. we're held back by a very loosely maintained wiki page?
> There's no other solution?

Well, Sugar Platform scheme was designed to solve dependecy related
issues in not-only-one distro environment, if someone is ignoring it
(public activity on ASLO), that will just break entirely scheme.

For activities I support, I'm trying to not use non SP deps or
include them to .xo (which is not good in case of gst of course)
e.g. recent libxml and librsvg for GC.

I'm talking about ASLO because in my mind restricting sugar activities
only to one particular (sugar)distribution is not right even if it is
about OLPC. Unfortunately ASLO doesn't support info about variety of
distributions (since Sugar Platform is intended to cover all dependency
related issues). So we can't mark new Record only for fc10+ (except note
in activity description, which is not so useful).

Are there chances to decrease gst version?
issue w/ core dump could be solved just by removing plughw check.

--
Aleksey