"Sugar: Wireless scan is slow to happen after sleep with wireless off" - first test results

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Apr 29 03:25:42 EDT 2010

Hi,

I tested today if the Sugar reconnection to the wireless network is as
fast as the one in GNOME. That for I used two XO 1.5, one running Sugar
and one running GNOME,  and connected them to the same AP. I suspended
both machines by closing the lid.

After I reopened the lid both machines connected to the previously
connected AP at the same speed. It was easy to verify by eye. I repeated
that test a few times and always had the same result.

I conclude, that the Sugar-NM implementation is not slower in
reconnecting to the previously connected network than the GNOME one.
Happy to hear about 'contraire' test results, of course ;)

Regards,
    Simon