Testing & rebuilding dracut-modules-olpc?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:05:24 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Yeah, using the dracut program. You can find the exact command used in
> the kernel spec file.

Yep - I remembered that, and just grabbed it. However, it's not just
that -- on an XO you

 ./configure --prefix /usr
 make && make install
 dracut --opts-as-in-kernel-post
 obc-makekey os
 obc-sign-os to sign the initramfs and kernel
 cp initramfs and signature files to /bootpart/boot

I am documenting it in the README. It's a fairly long story for anyone
to just figure out on their own.

>>  - How is this package built / maintained?
> It uses the standard autotools source packaging (make distcheck)

Thanks.

> Fedora packaging is done in Fedora CVS (it'll be another case of stale
> spec file within the dracut-modules-olpc tree, sorry).

Spec there isn't stale, I compared them.

Out build toolchains and dev/build environments are extremely specific
and brittle. Without some notes, it's pretty hard (and timeconsuming)
to get going...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions