Alternative to Create a new wireless network

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Apr 26 11:17:23 EDT 2010

On 04/26/2010 06:01 AM, James Cameron wrote:
> What do you do with scan results that show an ad-hoc network is
> available with the same name?  Pick one:
>
> 1.  show an access point icon for it (the current behaviour in os121),
>
> 2.  show an ad-hoc mesh icon for it, with a badge showing that it is
> active.
>
> This might reduce the need to communicate the chosen channel between
> users in a class.

The code does only display the three icons for channel 1, 6, 11. You
click on the icon and join the network or create it. The code is the
same for both cases, this is a general 'feature' of ad-hoc networks. One
could show a badge for 'active' networks indeed, at the moment I filter
those cases out, to not display 'doubles'.

Regards,
    Simon