[ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for XO-1 and XO-1.5

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 01:08:09 EDT 2010

--- On Sun, 4/25/10, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> From: James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>
> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for XO-1 and XO-1.5
> To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "OLPC Devel" <devel at lists.laptop.org>, fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com
> Date: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 8:54 PM
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 01:18:01AM
> -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> > but I just build version 02 of tinycore linux for the
> XO-1 (see
> > announcement here
> > http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/TinyCore_for_XO1/Announce%20tc-xo_02%20for%20the%20XO-1.txt
> > ) using the latest olpc kernel _unmodified_.
>
> Cool.  Looks like quite a bit of invested time
> required if anyone wants
> to use this ...

???
could you clarify on the time investment?
You just need to expand the tarball in an ext2/3 formated stick that should either have a specific label or edit the olpc.fth with the stick label.
Is this the time investment you are referring to or I miss something else?
Recommendations for "less involved" installation? (I do not like dd variants as it may ruin the media)