Ad-hoc wireless icons -was: Alternative to Create a new wireless network

Nate Theis nate.techboy128 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 12:46:11 EDT 2010

Well, I can't draw to save my life, so no graphical aids for this idea,
but...
I think the networks should be shape-coded.

For example, network 1 should be a square in a larger circle, network 2
should be a triangle in a larger circle, network 3 should be a circle in a
larger circle. The larger circle is the same size as the current wi-fi icons
so that the icons are all the same size.

The test all ideas for mesh networks should pass is this:

Several mesh channels are in use. A child gets on the mesh on one channel,
and wants a friend to join him. The child and friend speak some exotic
language that has non-standard numerals, etc... The friend should be able to
connect to the correct mesh network.

There are words in every language I know for square, circle, triangle. If
not, they're not difficult to describe.