Alternative to Create a new wireless network

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 15:09:04 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>wrote:
>
>> On 04/22/2010 06:10 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> not
>> be
>> >
>> > I like that! If you want a group to join you on ch 1, it's hard to
>> > guide them through the process.
>> >
>> > Having the number or a shape (that isn't used elsewhere) in the middle
>> > of the circle(s) would be great.

>> I actually thought about that today, too. The problem is with
>> localization. I guess it does not have to be a number, can be another
>> symbol that tells me 1, 6, 11.
>>
>> Though, maybe Gary or Eben have an idea how that could be visually
>> represented and how the status (connected, not connected) can be added
>> to the icon.
>

> Maybe the radio standards organizations already have something, but these
> symbols came to mind (attached).

I prefer the simpler Maya numerals [1] because they are graphically simpler
and correspond
with the 5-MHz separation of center-channel frequencies.

Channel 1 at 2412 MHz                                                   0
                                           5 x 5 MHz difference        00000
Channel 6     2437
                                           5 x 5 MHz difference        00000
Channel 11   2462