Alternative to Create a new wireless network

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Apr 22 12:24:27 EDT 2010

On 04/22/2010 06:10 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Mikus Grinbergs<mikus at bga.com>  wrote:
>> To me, the greatest drawback to the existing icon(s) is that they do not
>> show the channel.  If you have three icons, for heaven's sake draw them
>> with static symbols ("1", "6", "11") to show where a connection would be
>> attempted.
>
> I like that! If you want a group to join you on ch 1, it's hard to
> guide them through the process.
>
> Having the number or a shape (that isn't used elsewhere) in the middle
> of the circle(s) would be great.

I actually thought about that today, too. The problem is with
localization. I guess it does not have to be a number, can be another
symbol that tells me 1, 6, 11.

Though, maybe Gary or Eben have an idea how that could be visually
represented and how the status (connected, not connected) can be added
to the icon.

Regards,
    Simon