Hulahop browser screen width XO1.0 vs XO1.5

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 22:27:20 EDT 2010

Hi again,

My activity uses Hulahop Browser for its help system.  The default browser
on the XO`1.0 seems set up for 800x600.   The CSS width specs  on the
functioning HELP activity add up to 800 px wide and everything works out ok.

But on F11 XO1.5, the same help activity only renders about 2/3 full screen.
And I'm experiencing similar problems rendering my help pages between 1.0
and 1.5.

On F11, I believe the default screen width sensed by the xulrunner engine is
the 1200x900,   the actual screen size.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to ask the gecko engine to render on a 800x600
screen, or alternatively to ask gecko on the XO1.0 to render on a 1200x900
surface.

But I don't know XUL well and I feel I'd be wasting my time learning about
how to set up gecko, if someone already knows how to solve this one.  I'd be
willing to modify HELP activity, once we I find an acceptable solution.

George