[IAEP] ANNOUNCE: F11 for the XO-1 build 140py released

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu Apr 15 15:03:15 EDT 2010

Daniel wrote:
> It  <i.e. /versions>  has only a 15mb overhead.

When I type in 'du -x', on os13 it shows me /versions having around 100 MB.

On os140py the same command shows nothing for /versions.  [The remaining
high-level directories (except for /home) have comparable sizes on those
two builds.]

I do not know how much of what is in /versions gets "counted more than
once" (because of all those hard links between pristine and the running
system) -- but I'm not convinced the overhead of /versions is only 15 MB.

mikus