tap-to-click feedback

Stanley Sokolow overbyte at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 15 11:03:39 EDT 2010

I have an old HP laptop with tap-to-click turned on by default when there's
no external mouse.   It is annoying to be typing text and have your thumb
accidentally brush the touchpad and suddenly you're typing in a totally
different location in the text, wherever the mouse pointer happened to be
aimed.    Perhaps adding a touchpad lockout delay that momentarily disables
tap-to-click for 1 second, or whatever, after a keyboard key is pressed
would help, something like "debouncing" a switch contact in a driver.  A
control-panel parameter should be provided to adjust the lockout period --
some kids might need more than a 1 second lockout.