New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 119

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Mon Apr 12 18:46:36 EDT 2010

Hi,

   > There's not much point discussing it at the moment as RHEL-6
   > isn't out yet

This is my feeling too -- I agree that RHEL and CentOS 6 will be a
more attractive base than any of their previous releases have been,
and we'll want to consider them then.  Not much more to say until we
know more about the release, though.

By the way, there's been some Sugar Labs discussion about finding a
long-term support platform for Sugar, with an eye towards RHEL/CentOS
6 as a candidate for that:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Walter/Goals

   * Define Sugar 1.0 so that we can begin partnering with long-term
     stable distros, such as RHEL

If that happens, and SL does choose a base for "Sugar 1.0" to be
supported long-term, that'll make a decision for us to forego constant
updates easier.  (Since we'll only need the constant updates if
Sugar's depending on them.)

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>