New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 119

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sat Apr 10 15:40:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

   > Do you know of any place that has the Fedora 9 rpms?  People are
   > looking for them to add new apps functions and hacks on
   > Sugar-0.82 machines but there are nowhere to be found.  If F9
   > repos were still available, F11 builds might not even be needed
   > for the XO-1.

I just booted an XO-1 running 8.2, and yum installing a package from
Fedora still works.  The URL used by yum.repos.d on that build is:

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-9&arch=i386

which returns a list of mirrors including:

http://archive.kernel.org/fedora-archive/releases/9/Everything/i386/os/Packages/

So, I don't understand what the problem is.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child