Fwd: Server and service downtime, Thursday, April 8

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Wed Apr 7 20:56:54 EDT 2010

Folks -

Our data center space at MIT is being shut down and we need to move all our servers to a new server rack at the Media Lab.  Chris Ball and I are planning to make the move this Thursday morning, April 8 (i.e. about 12 hours from now).  This will take all our public-facing services - the Web site, wiki, mail forwarding, lists, RT, etc. - offline for a few hours while the equipment is being transported and set up again.  No IP addresses will change, so there should be no DNS propagation delays after we're back up.

I will send out another email to this list when the transition is complete.  Please let me know if you have any questions about the move - thanks.

	- Ed

P.S. The servers owl, swan, weka, crank(dev), and pedal are the ones affected by this move.  No other machines will be moved.