Error running socialcalc on sugar live cd

vijit singh vijitthetopcoder at
Tue Sep 29 10:54:07 EDT 2009

Hello Tomeu and all,

I just got the chance to try installing socialcalc on the sugar live cd and
I have been able to install it properly. Here is the review of the process,
might be helpful for other activities also in case anybody faces a similar

1. Actually, the error which was coming earlier was because of the
permission being denied by sugar. So, in order to install any activity one
is supposed to use the sudo command to have super user access. I mean, the
following command would lead to above mentioned errors---

sugar-install-bundle SocialCalcActivity.xo

However, using sudo will resolve the issue--

sudo sugar-install-bundle SocialCalcActivity.xo

2. However, I was unable to install the activity directly from the journal,
when we click on the activity bundle in the journal, nothing actually

> can you check you can write to /home/olpc/Activities?

Yes, we can write but by using sudo command.

> Regards,
> Tomeu

VIJIT aka sumit