DataManager version 1

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Wed Sep 23 10:33:58 EDT 2009

Wade,

The format of the datastore changed after 0.82. I tried to caution users
on that. The .sugar/default/datastore/store is the location in 0.82. All
of the DataManager actions should be done through the datastore class
but there were some things I couldn't get to work.

I am hoping that we can get a chance to check this out in a real
environment in Nepal in the next few weeks (I should be there on 30
September).

In the longer run, we also need to reconcile the backup in  DataManager
with Martin's strategy in the schoolserver. At the moment, the two are
independent (and therefore duplicate).

Yours,

Tony