0.84 for XO-1

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Sep 19 09:35:56 EDT 2009

> ... testing seems like something that is needed, though I would like to
> know what is required in order to say that one of these builds is
> ready to be deployed somewhere.

The __principal__ thing that keeps me from recommending one of these
builds is lack of "moving pictures" output.  ['Record' not showing
(real_time) what the XO-1 camera sees is a symptom of this problem.]

>> - Camera is not working
>
> That's kernel, Video4Linux driver?

I use various multimedia video applications (for instance, 'mplayer'
to view movies).  On F7- and F9-based builds, these worked fine on
the XO-1.  Joyride 2602 (F10-based) was the last build that showed
correct output.  From then on, I am instead on the XO-1 being shown
a blank (perhaps dark green) screen, or maybe occasional distorted
"still picture" snapshots from the input material, with notations
about the CPU being too slow to produce the desired output.

Since what happened right after Joyride 2602 was an upgrade to
xorg-x11-drv-geode - that's where I think the bad behavior started.

mikus