0.84 for XO-1 (was Re: [Sugar-devel] Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 11, Issue 94)

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Sep 18 11:56:21 EDT 2009

2009/9/18 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org>:
> Great, thanks for the kind offer.
>
> I think the effort is already underway, leaded by Fedora's Steven M. Parrish:
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/F11_for_XO-1
>
> I also think that Martin Dengler is working on this as well, but I'm
> not sure how their work relates to each other.
>
> So testing seems like something that is needed, though I would like to
> know what is required in order to say that one of these builds is
> ready to be deployed somewhere. Maybe Steven, Daniel, Martin or others
> have already thought about this? Afterwards we can count the people
> interested in helping and maybe even write a tentative roadmap.

I think the strongest requirement at this time is for developers. A
few things that spring to mind that need to be worked on:

- Camera is not working
- build scripts need to be modified to build "updatable" versioned
disk images again, so that olpc-update can start working (and the code
that supports this in the new initramfs will need to be tested/fixed)
- switch to ubifs for new installs (ok, not necessary, but this is so
easy it's worth doing -- all info is on the wiki)
- screen rotation is broken
- mesh support needs finishing
- probably missed a few things

I spoke with Chris and I think we'll be able to have a  section on
OLPC trac to keep track of these things sometime now.

Daniel