Smile activity version 1

Tony Anderson tony at
Thu Sep 3 12:02:30 EDT 2009

I am always tempted to blame my code, but the same problem appeared
in the Ambulant demo wrapper ( on Ubuntu. It appears
only in the python wrapper (not the C++ version). The Ambulant team has
opened a ticket. The problem appears to be an interaction between the
gtk.main() event loop and the Ambulant redraw logic.
doesn't call gtk.main but instead uses a loop:

while gtk.events_pending():

I think it is safe to rule out Sugar as a culprit, but not my building
of the Ambulant package!