wlan interface (was: first play with new XO 1.5 machines)

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Oct 29 12:17:44 EDT 2009

2009/10/26 Albert Cahalan <acahalan at gmail.com>:
>> The issue is that A and B are both hosting their own networks, they
>> are both beacon masters, spewing beacons based off their own clocks.
>
> How is this any different than the mesh situation?

Exactly how the XO-1 mesh functions on this level is frustratingly
unknown, but when I did a couple of simple observations once before,
the clocks appear to synchronize with the neighbours.

> Which clock? Do you mean one for the individual bits, or one
> for packet-level time division?

I mean the clock in the 802.11 MAC sublayer. This defines the basis of
the timing synchronization function (TSF) which is a core part of
802.11. Without synchronized clocks, nodes cannot communicate.

Daniel