os33 - video regression ?

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 01:20:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 22:42 -0400, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> James wrote:

> But this is a hang - which leaves the XO-1.5 completely unresponsive
> to operator input (except for the power button).  So I do not have
> my normal opportunity to capture file contents, etc.  They are wiped
> out by the reboot I perform to access the system again.
>
> I think Martin mentioned he was able to get in to the hung system
> with SSH.  I have basically never used SSH -- so I would have to do
> a lot of learning before I could use that to obtain better
> information than I have now (I wrote all I knew in my post).

The XV hard lock is being caused by a while loop in the Flip function.
I am looking into additional changes that need to be done to the code to
support XV on the VX855 chipset.

This should resolve general video playback, but will not have any effect
on Flash based video.  Flash Video only supports accelerated video using
OpenGL, everything else is strictly done on the CPU.

In the future we will hopefully get better video playback, but can not
get docs for VIA's MPEG4 engine due to patent restrictions.  This means
that 3d acceleration will be the best option available to us.  That is
still way out in the future on our feature timeline.

Hope that helps to clear things up.

Jon