os33 - video regression ?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Oct 25 20:33:14 EDT 2009

When I try to run mplayer on os33 with the parameters that I use on
the XO-1, the XO-1.5 shows a bright green screen and locks up
completely (all that I can do is power off).  I have to explicitly
tell mplayer to use the 'x11' driver (i.e., *no* implied
acceleration) in order to see a "moving picture" in os33 with
mplayer.  [IIRC, previously on os32 my mplayer with the XO-1
parameters had worked, but jerkily.]

Also, though it may be a function of network congestion / source
quality, but my impression is that with os33 YouTube is "jerkier"
than I remember from os32.

mikus