[Testing] first play with new XO 1.5 machines

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 04:18:05 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> But my point still remains - networks will split undesirably, there
> will be some joins too but you can't control them and they will be
> unlikely to be as desired.

>From a user PoV, that is largely true also w the 8.2.1 stack (though
we tend to blame the "collaboration" part of the stack - Telepathy,
etc).

Meh.

Anyway, worse is never better.

IMO dropping the transparent dynamic routing of 802.11s won't have a
big impact in real life scenarios. Most groups trying to collab are
close together.

OTOH, the "boot, do nothing and you're part of the network" is a key feature.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions