[Sugar-devel] Alpha release - Deducto and Color Deducto activity

Manusheel Gupta manu at laptop.org
Wed Oct 21 15:02:56 EDT 2009

Appreciate your wonderful feedback. Thank you.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Dan Krejsa <dan.krejsa at gmail.com> wrote:

> A few comments:
>  -  I found the help and instructions not terribly clear.  I eventually
> figured
>    out what to do, but I'm not sure many children would have the patience.
>    Here's an initial attempt at an improved 'How to Play':

Yes Dan. Thank you so much for taking out time and re-writing "How to play"
section. We have added you as a contributor to Deducto and Color Deducto
activities, and have
removed the existing section with the one prepared by you. Appreciate your

> --------------
>  - Working in jhbuild on Fedora 11, the 'Resume' tab and 'Sample' tabs
>   don't seem to really be tabs; they are menu items. 'Sample' occurs under
>   the 'Help' menu.  I would suggest instead of a separate sample tab,
>   one added buttons for  'Give me a True sample' and 'Give me a False
> sample'
>   to the main view.

Sure, completely agree. We have received the same feedback on the
positioning of "Sample" as a menu item. We have changed its placement to the
main view in Deducto-2.xo and ColorDeducto-2.xo.

On a separate note, spacing among "Yes", "No" and "Sample" widgets needs
some improvement at this juncture in the second versions too.

> - Moving the mouse over the array of squares, the white squares slightly
>  dim and the black squares turn white.  This is misleading since it makes
>  the squares seem as if they would respond to the mouse, but they don't.
Thank you very much for posting this issue. This has been fixed in the
revised bundle uploaded on a.s.l.o (
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4220 and
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4221) today.

> - It wasn't at all clear to me how the 'Make New Game' feature worked,
>  although I didn't spend a long time on it.
My apologies. Yes, we need to simplify this feature, and add a help guide
for using it in the game. Ashita has been working on developing a user guide
for "creating your own game" activity feature. Will share the guide with
everyone on the mailing list soon.

Thank you once again.